GENERAL RULES FOR KAMALOKA
- The kamaloka is available once per day, but it's not based on when you last did it, but rather on a set time (resets for everyone at 6:30am CST).
- You need a group of 2-5 people to do a normal Kamaloka, or up to 9 ppl to do the special kamalokas (more on those later)
- These bosses are not raidbosses, they can be bled, stunned, rooted, etc. Also they do very very little damage (alot like a normal mob) and can be killed without much trouble in most cases and the amount of xp from them is almost equivalent to a raidboss
- You must be within 5 lvl's of the Kamaloka to port in
- To enter, the party leader talks to the Instance guard located in town and ports you in (sorta like you'd enter a rift)
- In the kamaloka, you can't bring in outisde buffs except for the noobie buffs if your of that lvl. So, if you want any buffs inside, bring along a buffer.
- Kamaloka's have a 30minute time limit, and if you fail to kill the boss you can try again after your ported out, although he'll also be restarted at full hp.LEVELS OF KAMALOKA
- Captain Bathis (Town of Gludio): Level 23, 26, 29
- Captain Lucas (Town of Dion): Level 33, 36, 39
- Captain Gosta (Heine): Level 43, 46, 49
- Captain Mouen (Town of Oren): Level 53, 56, 59
- Captain Vishotsky (Town of Schuttgart) Level 63, 66, 69
- Captain Mathias (Town of Rune): Level 73, 78, 81
NOTE: The above kamaloka are solo Raid Bosses except
Labyrinth of the Abyss instances with levels 29/39/49/59/69/78/81 with mobs and 2 RBs (1st for xp and 2nd for drops), for which info are last
- LVL 23
Special Skills: AOE Stun
Strategy: Just attack, very easy to 2-man melee should be able to duo it. It does pathetic damage to you, and is only annoying for the aoe stuns.
- LVL 26
Appearance: Ol Mahum
Special Skills: AOE hit (don't keep your baby pet nearby)
Minions: One, another melee minion to back him up. He'll only summon the 1 minion though so you can kill it to have him resummon later
Strategy: Very easy to 2-man provided both players can wear heavy--otherwise use three players. Have lowest DPS tank hit the minion to take aggro, then just ignore it until the fight is over.
- LVL 33
Appearance: Undead Bear
Special Skills: Stationary AOE Smash (x5), Rsk. Haste
Strategy: Another easy boss, he will periodically run to one player and sit his [censored] down to smash the ground dealing AOE damage around him. Simply run away until he finishes doing this (5 times). Also, at 10% health, he kicks on haste so his attacks become alot faster.
- LVL 36
Appearance: Floating Eye
Special Skills: Aura Flare, Drain Health
Strategy: The boss and his minion will use both magic and physical attacks often so ensure you have a good set of jewelery. He will periodically summon an eye to assist him but unlike other kamaloka bosses, he will summon more and more despite already having an active one.
Whenever he spawns a minion, kill it--Otherwise you may end up with 5 pelting at you.. and you will die. Even with Top D jewelery, his life drain will crit often for 400-900 damage so make sure you keep your HP above 50%.
Tank use a polearm for this boss to hit both the boss and the minion at the same time.
- LVL 43
Appearance: Mutant Stakato
Special Skills: Nothing notable
Minions: One, healer
Strategy: When his HP dips below 50%, he will summon a healer which heals him for quite a bit. This boss is extremely difficult and you will probably not be able to 2-man this one. After you kill his healer, he will spawn another one right away. I recommend sleeping the minion constantly so that it is not healing him and you are not wasting DPS (because he will spawn another after it dies anyways).
- LVL 46
Special Skills: Soul Confine
Strategy: This boss is easy to 2-man provided that both players provide adequate DPS. This boss will periodically use Soul Confine on one player (Lasts roughly 10 seconds) which is similar to paralysis--except you cannot receive damage while confined. He also uses an AOE water-element skill, but it does not do a lot of damage unless you are not wearing jewelery.
- LVL 53
Special Skills: Disarm, Sonic Blaster
Minions: Suicide Bomb
Strategy: This boss can also be 2-man'ed quite easily provided both players provide adequate DPS. He will periodically disarm your highest DPS'er and use Sonic Blaster on the caster. Don't forget to re-equip your weapon!
He will also periodically summon a minion which flies to a player (usually the caster, but I've seen the melee DD take it) and explodes. A critical can do 2600 damage, even using a +3 BO set, otherwise it will normally do 200-500. Keep your HP near full because of this--you don't want to risk getting crit and killed.
If you'd rather not tank the explosion, you can simply run away JUST before it explodes. If you run away too early, it will simply follow you until you stop.
- LVL 56
Appearance: Undead Knight
Special Skills: None
Minions: Dark Panther (Unlimited)
Strategy: You'll need at least three players for this one. This boss does rather high DPS on his own and also periodically summons panthers (do not bother killing these). He will call out a players name and all panthers will attack that player. Have the target simply run around while others kill the boss and take turns running around as you are targetted by the panthers,till they switch to someone else.
Appearance: Demon (like Falibati, half snake half woman)
Special Skills: No reports :/
Strategy: It's a very easy Kamaloka, just kill the minion that will start to heal the main boss if you don't kill it quick.
- LVL 66
Appearance: Angel Race Mob (like the Platinum Tribe)
Special Skills: AOE dmg, AOE fear
Strategy: Also easy kamaloka, the minion helps the boss just kill it and concentrate on the boss
Drop possilities: Blue Wolf Boots Designs(14-263), Doom Boots Part(61-162), Blue Wolf Gloves Fabric(24-87), Doom Gloves Part(17-70), Blue Wolf Boots, Scroll: Enchant Armor A, Doom Gloves, Blue Wolf Gloves, Scroll: Enchant Weapon A, Boots of Doom
- LVL 73
Appearance: Eye ball
Special Skills: Windshackle, Icebolt
Strategy: Annoying kamaloka really, but not really hard. The minions eyeballs that have a REALLY annoying aoe petrification which lasts 2 seconds,it's quite a constant petrification too...multiple minions doing it all at different times...really...annoying...:/
- LVL 76 - 81
NO REPORTS YET, i will add them when i finish them or when someone reports it to me, if you tried em feel free to send me a pm with ur info.
are separate from the x3/x6 kamalokas...they can be completed right after you do a normal kamaloka grp...although i think the "once a day" rule still applies...
All the Kamalokas ending in '9' are special in that you can have 9 people enter them. Ive only tried the 39 and 49 version, but was no where close to completing them. These have 1 hour time limit, and 4 'rooms' each. The first room consists of some very very tough mobs, as does the 2nd room. The third room has a single kamaloka style boss and the 4th room has another boss with multiple minions. These kamaloka are no joke, most mobs in there will kill you in just a few hits. Even my 4x tank couldnt stand up to the 39 kamaloka, hp was dropping fast with UD on. From what ppl have said, the reward isnt much better than a normal kamaloka either, so I think these are only in game to present a serious challenge to players seeking to do the impossible. Unless you've got a seriously stacked full party, my advice is to avoid these types of kamaloka. (i will continue trying them though and report results)Why should you go in this instance daily?
- Low lvl Kamaloka - at least for XP, enchants and armors/weapons (for crystals)
- High lvl Kamaloka - at least for XP, enchants but also for A grade weapons (lvl 69), A grade armors and jewels (lvl 73), S grade armors and weapons (lvl 78/81) with full drops drop chance between 2% to 6%.
We hope that we made you interested in this new hunting zone. Farm it daily to discover the good drops and gain XP/SP points.
We wish you good luck and have fun.